Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen (don't laugh!)

Marcusbell

Well it's worth a try...

If anyone is sick and tired of that pesky aerosceen stuck to the scuttle I will gladly take it off your hands (provided it's dirt cheap *wink* ).

Seriously, are there any cheaper versions of the interchangable aeroscreen available? I don't care about carbon fibre. Just as long as I can put the windscreen back on occasionally without too much effort.

I have gone as far as contacting a Perspex manufacturer who says they can make aeroscreens but they need detailed drawings and measurements. If I had a screen to measure I wouldn't bother with making a new one. Are any of you lucky aeroscreen owners prepared to pop out to the garage with a tape measure?

Marcus

Edited by - marcusbell on 13 May 2005 14:50:33

You can get them from Redline - I've got one I could sell, but Clive is asking around the sort of money I'd want - and his is new.

Of course, you could try something like the AR7E MkI or II here - but you'd have to make it yourself. They are more effective than the JPE-style if you fit the latter directly under the windscreen line...

Some details about fitting the JPE on my site here

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I made my original one from a number plate blank and a heat gun. *thumbup* worked well. Once I decided I liked areo driving I bought a proper one. but really the caterham one works no better. just looks better.

To buy an R400 or CSR200?MMM. WHich to choose. Or do I stick with the VX?