Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Part # for Rover liners

Jason Plato

I know that Dave doesn`t want to fully strip his engine. Fitting the uprated liners would entail honing the liners under a torque plate in his block. This as you know is very messy and would necessitate a lot of cleaning to get rid of all the abrasive particles. In fact it took me longer to clean my block following honing than to assemble the bottom end of the engine.

Try the PTP web site for the part numbers of the grade `A` liners.

Rob.

Cheers gents ......

As Rob said I realy dont want to go to the lengths of the uprated liners , but I do want to fit new oe liners for my new pistons .

I'll ring PTP and check the part numbers , I'm not sure if I trust my Rover dealer with handling liners anyway - they were surprised to learn that there are damp and existing and that they come in different grades !!! .

dave

oily ,

The man at PTP said that the liners are from Unipart , and that they are awaiting a delivery date .

He also added that the VHPD and EVO engines use "bespoke" parts - including the liners !!?? .

The EVO 220 engine does'nt use a steel crank .

He's calling me back tomorrow to let me know the situation - keep you informed .

Dave

My part numbers were from an old MGF parts list micorfiche printout, so maybe they've been superseded.

The EVO engine uses a stronger-than-standard cast crank, as do the SLR race cars these days I suspect. I think it's described on the PTP website.

Mike

The very nice man from PTP rang me back today ..... the Unipart liners 1006100 200 have a lead time unknown mad.gif.

There are however "alternative" liners available equivalent to A grade , there is no knowledge of what they are or where they are from or who makes them other than they are via Unipart but they are not Unipart - if you follow .

3 Rover dealers I contacted are also unable to obtain liners .

Any suggestions ,Oily , Rob , Mike , Roger ?. Other than the Liners which Rob and oily scourced , which then require further work / honing ??

This could be a major setback to my RAW Motorsport EVO 1.5wink.gif engine project .

Yours Frustrated

Dave

Edited by - Dave J on 2 Nov 2001 19:28:31