Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MOT

Gary G

I've got to get my 1990 1700 xflow through an MOT in a few weeks. Will I need wing-mirrors to pass? Also, I recently went on a track day to find that my 7 is producing 107dB at 4500rpm, will this cause a problem too?

C7 GAR

Gary

It is my understanding that cars should be fitted with 2 rear facing mirrors to pass the M.O.T. As for noise, my car has never been tested for noise at the M.O.T, and I can tell you that it is waaaay loud, ie it regularly requires the fitting of a second silencer on the tail pipe for track days.

Good luck at the M.O.T

Mark

Yes! I have just put my HPC through its first MOT and it required an additional rear view mirror. I do know of people who have been fortunate enough to pass without, but its your £32. Noise should not be tested and the good news is that if you built the car yourself the emmisission test is for pre 74 (smoke only)

• 17 years later...
  • Area Representative
I was looking at the new gradings as the Crossflow was being assured of legality yesterday.

Some oil from the differential, which might merit a "minor" warning. It doesn't drip, so would not receive a higher grade warning.

Having used the same station for about a decade (it may be longer) makes life very much easier. (having emmisions-exempt cars too).

• Area Representative
No change as far as I was concerned. I don't see an issue (except for those people who have bu88ered around with their DPF).

My principal concern was my screen which has suffered a stone strike. In anticipation of it failing on this account I bought a replacement screen which I took with me. Not needed (damage too small).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...