Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Footage

smithj41

Adam

Yip in Class 5. Not doing very well, but I did do my first ever sprint at Llandow. Also not had much track experience either.

The important thing is I enjoy it.

So when will the Bussa be finished??

James

James: Hopefully going to video them setting it up and dyno tuning it this coming Friday. If all goes well, I'll bring it home afterwards.....Friday's my birthday as well and even though I normally just ignore this date, for once I will have something to celebrate *smile*

As far as Curborough goes, listen to any advice you can get and pay careful attention to what the fast guys and gals are doing. If you watch the video I sent you, see where I cut that square of tarmac on the first bend off the line...that tip was mega important IMO. Cutting accross it from one corner to the other puts you on a perfect line into the bends approaching the molehill.

The two places that I think lots of time is made and lost are off the start (hence above tip) and the Fradley (IIRC) bend at the top end of the circuit. Get this wrong and you will lose a lot of speed up the straight and as you do it twice, it's important to get it right. I find going deep and making one tight turn works well. My car was prone to understeer (big old XFlow out front) and if I took the bend at a constant radius, it would understeer real bad coming onto the straight and I had to lift off.

Curborough is a frustrating little track.....I hated it after the first time I went there but once it 'clicked' with me I started to really enjoy it. Shame I can't make the sprints there next week but I'll be there for the next two.

Good luck *thumbup*

Suffering serious sprint cold-turkey. Must get this finished *smile*