Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Connectors for Battery Conditioner for quick connect/disconnect

shin.suri

DA

I'm trying to find suitable connectors so that i can connect my battery to a battery conditioner when sitting in the garage.

can anybody suggest suitable connectors/places to get them.

I know i can use various spade type connectors but i'm looking for a plug type connector, possibily fitted under the dash.

cheers

Shin

• Support Team

You could also use 2.1mm or 2.5mm DC power plugs and sockets - a lot less bulky than a cigarette lighter. See here and here.

I've used a few of these to provide power under the dash and in the boot for bullet cam and Autocom.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 5 May 2005 16:33:12

I use the connectors here for my battery conditioner.

I ran fused wires direct from the battery into the cockpit and tie-wrapped the connector under the dash. Simple job to connect up, and they are visible, so no risk of forgetting to disconnect before a blat *eek*

As Shaun says, these are also useful for powering other stuff, but make sure you add a fuse if running direct from the battery...

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 5000 miles completed!

A bit more unusual...

I run a Redtop 15 and thought it prudent to be able to charge it easily and jump start it easily so I fitted an Anderson connector with some short power leads to battery.

As I had a hole where the old exhaust was I put the connector in a panel to cover the hole. Also meant very short extra cables as the battery is on the lower chassis rail on it's side.

I can now plug in the charger or a modified set of jump leads very quickly.

As it is the Batt has performed perfectly - never needing a jump. I do top up charge it from time to time.

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

My racing info site

here

I've got a din socket in the dash.

I've fixed my conditioner to the ceiling with the wire hanging down (attached to rubber bands), with din plug, above the din socket.

Drive into garage, wire hits me on the head - cannot forget to plug in.

(I've also got a 4 way cigar lighter with a din plug so I can take inverter and phone/camera/pmr chargers when away)

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here