Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Jenvey D2HTB throttle linkage/bracket

Racingshoe

I've had my Jenveys working for a while now by bodging my old throttle cable bracket and a dodge screw/bolt holder for the cable. The CLS1 linkage on the jenvey website here looks to be the answer if I want a proper linkage, but I don't recall ever seeing it on a caterham before.

What does everyone normally use ? QED sell a bracket for about £12.50.... how do I get the cable attached to the TBs ?

Rik Robarts - bl**dy bright orange 1900k here

Rik ,

The Jenvey bracket has the wrong gearing for the pedal length . The best option is the Rob Walker designed throttle bracket available from here its cheap ,effective and uses the std rover throttle cable . You simply add another nut underneath to secure the cabel to the bracket .

you can see mine which is the same design but self made tonite *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 5 May 2005 12:56:39

Hi there Racingshoe.

ive just fitted A Ford Zetec into A new Caterham with Jenvey throttle bodys and that Throttle bracket in the link and the normal Caterham cable fitted but had to cut the nipple off the throttle end and use the solderless nipple suppled in the jenvey Kit Best Regards Paul

Hmmmmm...

I`m using the Jenvey one supplied with the DTHTB`s from Raceline on my duratec......wasn`t aware of gearing issues.........

I`ve had a modified throttle cable block mad for the bracket which allows me to use a std rover throtte cable although I did have to modify the cable by reducing the length of the outer sheath slightly. I haven`t reassmebled everything finally but it looked as though it should work. I also had to shorten the link arm between the linkage and the throttle body.

I`ll take some photos when I get it reattached.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

I heard that V7SLR was going to try using the Jenvey quadrant lever here in conjunction with a Bernard Scouse bracket.

Any news on how this worked Nige?

I use the BS bracket and have had a cable snap on me at the point where it attaches to the throttle lever, so the quadrant lever seems a very good idea to me.

Ray

Edited by - Ray Pearce on 5 May 2005 13:30:27

I use that one with it mounted beneath the TB's. There is a gearing adjustment with which I experimented until I liked the result. Works fine with the added advantage that if the return spring breaks it will still close the throttle. I made-up a cable using bike brake inner and outer from Halfords and carry a couple of lengths of inner in my spares kit, with some screw attached nipples *eek*.

I screwed-off the plastic (throttle pedal end) piece from the standard cable and used it on my modified cable - where the cable goes into the pedal box.

I found the two springs on the TB's plus the bracket spring a bit too stiff, so removed one of the TB springs.

Nice piece of engineering and good value for money IMHO.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I'm also using the Jenvey linkage and run the cable under the TB's and around the DS pump outlet which goes down to the sump without any problems, I've then 'P' clipped it to the top chassis rail before it enters the pedal box. Have not had any problems with gearing??

Phil S7SVN