Keyed Crank / Pulley

ARP big end bolts

Vandervell main shells

Pocketed pistons

std cams

std head

ARP main stud kit

ARP front pulley bolt

Why would an otherwise (in terms of combustion) standard engine with a lowered compression ratio give any more power?

If they are only getting 204bhp, thats less than a bog standard 15 year old VX on similar injection if you (also) talk to SBD.

What is all the fuss about?

Rob It seems that the SV is the way to go despite hearing some people aren't keen on it compared with the "normal" Sevens. Would it also be possible to increase the stiffness of an SV chassis as was done on the CSR? Going Duratech seems a good option but if CC felt the neeed to stiffen the CSR up by 100% won't the extra power in an SV chassis be a problem?

Tim

When I said Steve's r'road is the only one of its type in the UK I meant the only one of that make. German I think and the guy spent a long long time perfecting its calibration as I understand.

Peter - I might sell the BD but only once the Hart's proved itself.

Looking forward to spectating at Curborough next week - 115mph over the line to beat and my money's on Graham Ford to be the first one to do it, although on paper the 2lt V8 with 340 bhp should smash this with ease.

Ammo - Looking forward to meeting you at DW's so long as pistons are forthcoming - they were promised for this Tuesday but I haven't heard anything yet....

Cheers

Dave

Home of BDR700

Edited by - edmandsd on 5 May 2005 21:04:59

I was in that session and had chat with Tom.

Bloody hell...that car is VERY fast. He came past me at the start of one of the sessions like I was standing still. Despite me at the time trying to punt my c.200bhp car down the back straight as best I could....WOW

• 1 year later...

Have we been here before then? 😳 *wink*

We have to respect new changes and new engines. *thumbup*

But also nothing new is exactly earth breaking. *confused*

We could go on but there is nothing to be gained....................except..................Wonky and his bl**dy popcorn. *cool*

R500 Mango Madness

Dave

Lets wait another couple of years to make really sure it is reliable shall we? Let's not make any hasty decisions. At least with the K and the VX we know where we stand. Better the devil you know.

AMMO

Dave, in 21/2 years since its previous rebuild my VX engine needed nothing more than oil changes. And when it was dismantled and checked prior to that it had no discernable wear after 5 years.

There is nothing remarkable about the Duratec or the VX. One expects Xflows to be less resistant to wear - they are a much older design. The obvious thing here though is that the K seems to last no time at all. Peter T's roadgoing R500 which needs new rings and liners after just 7000 road miles is a good example here. And thats ignoring all the HG related failure types the K is reknown for.

Truth is, that the K just cannot mix it with the VX and Duratec at a moderate 127bhp/litre power output. A 260bhp VX or Duratec would last forever given only road use.

EFA - Ex Fat Arnie

4 Counties AO and owner of K2RUM The car of two halves which is very nearly back on the road.