Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel Line Unions

EFA

Do not know the size but there are two types of pipe thread in use, British Standard Pipe [bSP] and National Pipe Thread [NPT], the latter is used more in hydraulics the threads are very simalar but will bind before a propper seal is made and damage the threads I used some Loctite sealant on all my fuel joints if you need some E-mail me off line and I cane sort you some out.

Paul tel 07970 916076

I wondered about this, and also the size of the banjo fitting to the fuel pump and the thread on the fuel filter. I wanted to replace the rigid hose with aeroquip because I couldn't find a fitting for the rigid hose. I pushed the fitting out of the way and jubilee clipped the fuel hose over the pipe. Not satisfactory but it's been fine for 20,000 miles.

Alex

Alex,

I ran with the filter in the engine bay all the time my car was orange. I moved it to the back when I rebuilt it in 1998, but only so the engine bay looked neater.

Regarding the union fitting, seems you were trying to overcome the problem I am with Matthews car.

I'll call DK and post any findings.....

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

I know the fuel line is 5/16 - I wrestled with the problem of the odd connector at the end of the standard fuel feed line - I was told by Caterham that it was made by a German company for Rover. My guess is that it's probably metric. My solution was to chop off the connector and put on a 5/16 to 6AN hard line adapter from Earl's (#165156 or 165056). Makes a better seal that NPT and is compatible with Aeroquip, Earl's, Goodridge, etc., braided hoses. No teflon needed to seal.