Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheres the reversing switch on xflow

Andy P

The MOT is due next week, thought I'd just give everything a quick check and found the reversing lights don't work. Bulbs fine so am trying to find the reversing switch. Any ideas?

Thought I'd may have to remove the whole engine/gearbox so would seem a good time to pop an all steel engine in !!

Thanks

Andy

-----------------------------------

Seven - wonders of the World!

• Leadership Team

Andy

I've just put an all steel engine in - 😬

if memeory serves me right - the easiest way to the reverse switch connection is to remove the gear lever and the plate on the transmission tunnel - it should be on the drivers side of the box

hope that helps

Rog

On type 9 (5 speed) the switch can be seen by looking up the tunnel on the tailshaft (can't remember which side) You'll see a wire with a circular press stud which presses over the reverse light switch. A pair of (very) long nose pliers will assist in getting the wire back on. If the wire is on then remove reverse lights for MOT. You don't need them but if fitted tester may fail if not working.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Thanks.

I've found the switch, and its fine. Problem was with the short (3 inches) of wire between a crimp and the bulb. Who would believe it

All sorted. *thumbup*

Andy

-----------------------------------

Seven - wonders of the World!

All the details in the MOT manual.
Thanks for the pointer -- very useful. Out of curiosity, I had a quick peek at Section 1. Under "Multiple number plate lamps", it said:
Where more than one rear registration plate lamp, or bulb, is fitted as original equipment , anyone in operative lamp or bulb is a reason for rejection.

"...anyone in operative lamp..." Hmmm, who writes this stuff, a computer? *smile*

JV