Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Misc electics - lights/indicator?

alanp

I have a couple of electric problems that I suspect may be linked, but as a novice Im looking for some guidance

1) No dipped beam headlights (side and high beam work fine)

2) No indicators or Hazards (when press hazard switch their is a buzzing sound so havent pressed fully) . Indicator switch is new

3) No foglight

All bulbs are present and correct, all other electrics seem fine.

Searchs on here here suggest it may be earth problems, but where and what else should I check?

thanks

Graduate #121

• Support Team

I had issues 1) and 3) after my rebuild and it turned out to be a faulty headlight dip switch. The fog light will only come on when there is dip beam so it is the deam beam that needs fixing. You can test by swapping the connections on pins 1 & 3 of the dip switch - this will give you dip beam but no main beam and the fog light should now work.

I had a problem with my indicators too and that turned out to be the flasher unit not properly seated in the fuse box - press it in tightly and it may cure the problem.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 25 Apr 2005 11:10:08

Our Academy car was delivered with the wrong wires on the dip/main switch. The dip/main switch has three terminals, centre one is the wire that supplies the power from the off/side/dip rocker switch via the light relay (blue wire), top terminal goes to the main beam (blue/white wire), bottom to the dip beam (blue/red wire). The supply and main beam wires were reversed. This meant dip never worked and main worked when it was switched to main.

This would also explain the fog light not working as it uses dip beam as a power supply.

Seem to recall this was a common problem at the time (Nov 03 chassis) and had exactly the same symptoms.