Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap good tires

Ted_7

Not sure about price, but a friend has recently tried to get 021's in that size and was told by Yoko Uk that they are winding down production for the year (for the winter) and won't be making any until next year.

He ended up getting some 032's and is very happy - but they are not cheap.

Phil Waters

"Darling, DO you love the 7 more than me?"

"Driving OR Fixing?"

Caterham on the brain, Caterham around the body! wink.gif

The tyre choice from list 1A (hillclimbs and sprints) for 13" & 14" wheels is the Bridgestone Potenza RE720. The 185/60 x 13 is approx. £35 + VAT, would expect the 14" to be about the same. Personally I have found this to be an excellent tyre of its type, if you want something sticky there is no substitute for the Yokos etc.

yoko a021r's are £58 each from polley's ( cheers steve ! ) in 185/60/13 including vat, fitting, balancing, etc.

i also called up a couple of dodgy south london dealers who quoted me about £55 but then turned out to be a little too dodgy for me to buy from, wot with polley's being so highly recommended.

g'luck.

top tip, just keep your old ones and then if cash strapped, 'cos i am too, buy some steel wheels for the rare track day t(h)rashing !!

j wink.gif

I have been running with A510's for a couple of years. They are not the stickiest out there but a lot better than your average and they were pretty cheap. I think they were £37-£38 per corner. Not sure if they do that in 14" though. You might needthe A520 for that size and I don't know how good they are.

Phil Waters

"Darling, DO you love the 7 more than me?"

"Driving OR Fixing?"

Caterham on the brain, Caterham around the body! wink.gif

That's exactly what I paid per tyre about a month ago (£303 for 5, including VAT, fitting, balance, plus a dissertation on the merits of racing an old Mazda--or was it a Toyota?). Mr P offers excellent value, and beats other quotes by a huge margin. And he takes good care of your wheels.

JV