Click here if you are having website access problems ×

fuel tank removal without removing the fia bar

duffym

Simple question , is this possible?

Have seen threads saying people have managed and others saying the opposite!

If I have to remove the bar , then i need to remove the dampers I just fitted as well 🙆🏻

suspension upgraded but fuel leak now!!

• Support Team

Yes but it's a pain. You have to jack the rear of the car up quite high and drop one end of the fuel tank down as low as possible and then pull it through the top. If you want more detail then just say.

Oh and getting the boot floor out without scratching the paint it next to impossible *thumbdown*

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 19 Apr 2005 15:50:36

Yes on a dedion it is . You will need to jack up the car on axle stands .

remove the boot floor, undo the tank retaining straps , undo the filler guard and remove all the breathers , unclip the pump connections and then lift one end of the tank up through 90 degrees , then slip out between the fia bar rear supports *thumbup*

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Great !!

Its a 1990 Zetec on carbs. I have removed the boot floor and the tank filler pipe.

I can see the feed pipe to fuel pump,the two tank straps,and the connections to the sender.Where will the breather pipe be please?

The tank needs to come out as it is leaking ☹️ Just when I'd fitted my Freestyle suspension which is great *thumbup*

duuffy

breather should be on top about halfway across?

fwiw I always take mine out from underneath, jack the car as high as you can and once all the bits are undone you raise the filler neck end and then it comes straight out the bottom

Mark

I just re-fitted my tank, I had already put the FIA bar back in place and tightened it up etc so tried to get the tank in with it in place. It is possible, just watch the tank does not slip and hit the skins etc and its fairly easy. Oh, I now smell of petrol. 🙆🏻 *smile*

LeMans 2004 pics here

FREE SEVEN CHAThere

Well I have removed the tank without removing the FIA bar. 😬

Had to undo the brackets holding the anti-roll bar onto the chassis to allow the bar to drop far enough to give room to manoeuvre the tank out , but its out.

Now all I have to do is get the pinhole leak welded up and put it all back together 😳

Does anyone now of an aluminium welder in the NE?