Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Press stud in wrong place

Shaun_E

• Support Team

As I had to fit the studs to the body work, I used the hood to line up where to put them. Have just tried to fit the boot tonneau and one of the studs is too low for the tonneau to reach ☹️.

I now have a dilemma - do I a) Ignore it - leave the stud where it is and accept that the hood fits and the tonneau doesn't or b) Reposition the stud so that the tonneau fits (hood will still fit OK)

If I go for b) then how do I disguise the rivet hole in the side? Should I just put a rivet in the hole and paint it with touch up paint - easy to do but not a nice finish - or should I try filling from behind and painting. The bodywork and paint is brand new and I'm more than a little annoyed with myself for cocking this up.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Should I just put a rivet in the hole and paint it with touch up paint - easy to do but not a nice finish

Yes - or follow my route (look for half-doors in the products section of my site) and add some extension straps to the poppers you can't reach.

I suspect you'll find that your first solution looks better though...

Oh, don't fill the old hole until you're satisfied with the new one... *wink*

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 19 Apr 2005 14:42:48

• Support Team

Stu - unfortunately the popper is very near the edge of the tonneau already - might just be doable but I doubt it.

Myles - think I'll just put a rivet in then - and trust me I'll be extra careful this time 😳

Yellow SL *cool* #32