Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

AVO Damper help

Tyrone

I've overtightened the plastic grub screw which locks the spring platform on one of my AVO's. As a consequence, I can't get it to loosen and I've rounded the hex socket so it will not come out.

Assuming I can get a replacement grub screw from Freestyle or AVO, can anyone recommend the best way to get the existing screw out.

Confirmation that replacement screws are available would be nice too.

Thanks Peter, best not mention your clutch control then 😬

Yes, Freestyle's more than adequate instruction clearly state the grub screw does not need to be dogged down tight. But, I made a number of adjustments to the drivers side when installing and I think that might have resulted in the hex socket getting rounded off.

Len confirmed this morning that they don't bother with the grub screws when setting the dampers up, and that the weight of the car prevents any movement in the platform in any case. They put the grub screw in after final setting up.

Bri , oops. Must admit I thought they were pretty insubstantial and cant see what good they do really. If something like a spring platform is going to move (v unlikely with the car on it) a small piece of plastic wont stop it *eek*

suspension upgraded but fuel leak now!!