Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RADIATOR PERFORMANCE

PAUL MARRIOTT

Paul - Dave Jackson used that corrugated plastic that is used for estate-agents signs etc. - I was hoping to nick some from recent election signage, but it's all been cleared up now *wink*

Actually, having satisfied myself that it's worthwhile, I'm going to the local Metal Supermarket tomorrow to get some ali to make it properly *and* build a baffle over the top of the rad (excluding the region the cool-air thing needs).

The main reason I've got for putting a baffle at the top of the rad - is to act as a stone guard! I'm running without a cambelt cover at the moment... 😳

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Got the Radtec fitted this weekend, not driven it yet but the rad stat looks a bit close to the inlet and started the fsn before full rad flow had commenced, might have to controll it from the Emerald.

Myles if you want any of the corrogated stuff let me know, i've easy access to loads of the stuff - Black or white - I think you go to Warks mtg so I could send it up with Colin S.

Paul M.

Hi BertF

The PRRT system seems to be running OK the temps with the triple pass rad sat quite stable, I had a couple of thermocouples attached to the water rail and sub pipe but ran a little hot on slow/urban driving i had obtained a v/v for the byepass to fine tune this particular issue but then the rad started to leak.

I fitted an old copper rad whilst Caterham deliberated on the 3 pass prob and that seemed to work fine, I did two hard sessions at Cadwell on the club day and every thing looked fine, Temp steady, oil temp steady Again no problems, EXCEPT THAT THE SECOND RAD STARTED TO THROW COOLANT ALL OVER THE ENGINE BAY *eek* *eek* *eek* *mad*

After the bad luck with the rads I've now fitted a Radtec Ally rad but have yet to test it. I have run it up to temp as noted in my last post but have to look at the fan switch.

So all in all it looks OK but I have yet to get some serious miles in to be totally satisfied that it operates smoothly and consistantly in all driving conditions.

Paul M.