Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

TWM throttlebodies?

yankeedoodoo

As a usa resident this seems to be the most available throttlebody here. Their website describes it as similar to weber and claims to be a supplier to caterham. I would very much appreciate to hear any experience or wisdom from users of TWM. The name is completely new to me. My main fear would be to avoid stepping in dung with an untried product. Thanks for any help or comments.

Yankee,

Have you talked to the persons at Rocky Mountain Caterham in Denver? I was contemplating a Zetec conversion three years ago and talked with them. They recommended TMW throttle bodies at that time. Unfortunately their involvement was blocked by the former US distibutor and Caterham in England as it was a retrofit not a new car. I ended up using Raceline and paying more. Rocky Mountain was very helpful and did most of the US development for the current US Zetec.

Jeff, I spoke with TWM directly this week. They have supplied about 10 units to RM in Denver with no problems reported to me. I find them advertised as a porsche competition/performance upgrade and also in grassroots motorsports. As jenvey is seemingly unavailable here I expect to use TWM. In the end the quality of my motor and its performance seems to boil down to the ems(pectel) and rolling road session. What state are you residing in and how long have you owned your caterham(and which model)?

Yankee,

To answer your questions. I live in Michigan. My car is a 1990 dedion that I bought with very low mileage. I did my Zetec conversion two years ago and have been very pleased with the results. I went the complete Raceline route using their injection system. Compared to others their parts and finished product were excellent. Service was slightly lacking as parts were back ordered and delayed the finished product for months. I wish I had access to a rolling road and someone experienced enough to alter my ECU as I feel the Raceline program could be altered. I think my set up is slightly rich. Good luck. Let me know how your project progresses.