Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake lights sticking on

tricky dicky

Probably a simple fix this. Brake lights appear to be stuck on all the time. Whipped the pedal box cover off and the sensor on the pedal arm was touching the plastic plunger into the switch, brake pedal down and these push away from each other. Does the plunger act as a circuit breaker?

Has it got stuck or could it be something else?

Regards

Rich

• Support Team

The brake light switch works the opposite way to that which you might expect. The plunger needs to be depressed to turn the lights OFF. You need to set it up so that the little metal bar on the top of the pedal just pushes the plunger in then, when you depress the pedal, the bar moves away from the switch and the light comes on. The plunger could be sticking but most likley the pedal and switch have moved very slightly in relation to each other.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Rebuild nearly finished. If it hadn't rained all afternoon I'd have finished fitting the wings and gone for an MOT tomorrow. As it is I now have a very wet car (and me) and only one wing partially attached. Still a chance I could finish it in time tomorrow. If not then I hope it will be on the road early next week.

Yellow SL *cool* #32