Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Which Tyres (wot again ? )

susser

I've got to get rid of my Michelin Pilot rears and Avon ZV1 fronts; I'm thinking the Avon CR500s are generally accepted to be the optimum allrounders. But, I've got 15" Prisoners, which were part of my original spec, and I don't want to have to dump them for a set of 13" minilites which are probably technically superior. Now I don't assume that CR500s are the optimum at all diameters, as the sidewall characteristics may not suit a low profile tyre with it's less progressive breakaway characteristics.

Yawks!!here

I guess it's time for a FAQ on tyres. 🤔

Over,,,,,,,,,

Had the same problem... just had a pair of Toyo Proxes T1 195/50/15 delivered this morning (£74 the pair inc delivery & valves so about a third the price of CR500). I'll get them on the car asap and see how they compare to the ZV1s that are going to the tyre graveyard in the sky.

Iain, you think ZV1s are bad !. When I got Yawks!! here the Pilots were on the front. Scared the hell out of me cos with the ZV1s on the rear it understeered something scary. Swopped 'em around and it balances fine without bags of throttle, but obviously needs more grip.

Edited by - susser on 15 Apr 2005 14:57:03

Edited by - susser on 15 Apr 2005 14:59:00

Nick.

Looks as if the question's been well and truly answered; Theres me trucking along on the Carrotland Spring Blat thinking "Hello we seem to be leaving Bob behind. Must be going too quick for him. Hmmmmmmm. I'd better back off and try to keep in touch with him whilst keeping in touch with Steve ahead". When suddenly,,,,,,,,,,,,, Christ !!! how did he do that. QED. Toyo 888s it is then. 😬