Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sigma BC1200 Probs

Casbar

Anybody having any problems with the BC1200. Mine is doing my head in *cool*

It reads all over the place, sometimes its ok to about 50, then just stops working or reads odd figs.

Cleaned contacts, moved the pickup sensor loads, always works ok when spinning the wheels, but goes haywire when on the move. *thumbdown*

• Area Representative

Had this one happen to me when I first installed it. From memory the bracket was either not sturdy enough or held tight enough on the wing stay to stop flapping in the wind as I drove, or it wasn't close enough to the magnet on the wheel to have an accurate and consistent measure. As soon as I located the sensor firmly so that it was within a millimetre (or whatever the correct distance is) it was fine.

HTH

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

The sensor is v tight. It also worked ok for a few weeks, then started playing up. I've re-mounted the sensor about 10 times now. I'm going to check the wiring, perhaps I have a loose connection, where I've joined the wires.

The other thing is, can a magnate lose its power *confused* Is it worth changing the magnet on the wheel, or do they either work or not?

Because the sensor uses a magnet and a reed switch the metallic items in reasonable proximity to either can have a big effect upon performance.

Where is the magnet/reed switch mounted? Are there any ferrous metal objects close by? Are you using alloy wheels or steel? etc...

If your installation is similar to others you should be ok but it can be difficult to get a consistent performance - guess how I know *mad*

Justin *cool*

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Alloy wheels, normal fitting for sensor etc. It worked fine for a while, then one day, when I was giving it some it just stopped, and since then has been erratic, even when its been removed and refitted. I'm not sure whether the Sigma twist fit is that good, and perhaps the contacts arn't doing their job. I'll just have to fiddle some more, or change it to another make *confused*