Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Can you help?

Adrian Elkin

It has fallen on me to peruse the annuls of Tech Talk in an effort to find technical articles that would be of interest to the Lotus 7 Club membership at large through publication in Low Flying. Thanks Tony *wink* However, with 172296 posts (at time of writing) to consider, I could be some time.

If I could ask those of you who have been contributing for some time, if you recall a topic or subject that you think would be of interest or suitable for LF, whether it be a link to the posting or even some words to use in a search, please email to myself or post them below.

Any help much appreciated.

All the Best

Adrian

It seems there are a number of posts on these pages about changing from 4 speed to 5, or 6 ! ! ! !, (some people under the impression, more the merrier) perhaps something gleaned from the articles would be of interest, if it's not already covered by an FAQ, ( I don't go there very often ), or choice of tyres is a constantly occuring topic, regards Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

Something on setting up the suspension: -

Camber Toe and Castor angles

Spring Rates / roll bars and their effect on handling - What combinations are good for road / track etc

How to set the ride height

What does flat flooring mean and what is the effect on handling.

Grant

Black and stone chip and currently not going ☹️

Engine rebuilt (thanks oily!) and on the countdown to running again *smile*

here

Adrian,

Don't forget the novices who often need more help than others. Relatively simple articles on changing wheel bearings, adjusting brakes, timing an engine, adjusting mixtures etc. All the basic stuff which is needed to get a car going properly before you even think of LSD's, throttle bodies and the like.

Good luck - it is a great initiative

Terry

Q783 OOR. Team Lotus colours with flares.

You could include a brief 'best of the web' list/feature to point people at topics that you can't cover immediately...

...nothing like being told you'll publish a relevant article in 3-months time if there is something easily available and relevant elsewhere.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

As a recent new build sevener I found it very useful to go through Blatchat and previous sites to find out what others did in terms of preparation for a build, what tools they needed, what problems /issues they experienced and how they solved them and what tips they would have for novices. I also found some of the Build sites to be excellent in terms of showing pictures of what was done and how it looked which is worth a lot of words. There are also many references to companies who supply "bits", consumables etc that are also very useful. Using the build manual I found there were one or two sections (handbrake cable installation, side repeaters, fitting ARB bushes etc) that were not well covered in terms of a logical thought pattern which would also help a new builder. Although the CC helpline are very good at assisting there were quite a few times when I called them that they had obviously heard of the same problem but no updates had been made in the manual. The approach seems to be that a bit of poor wording / uncertainty is all part of the self build process !! I am not sure about this as It can cause a bit of frustration.

I saw a thread a while back suggesting something like this for Low Flying in terms of tool lists, tips etc. to help novices on their first build and I think it would be worth putting something reasonably comprehensive with links into a Low Flying article.

Jim the Jock

BRG Roadsport 140 SV

(FJ05 XLE)

a discussion on the merits and pitfalls of the various tyres would be a welcome addition to a lot of new se7eners Adrian. it comes up time after time after time, and a guide of the market would be very helpful to new friends *wink*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3

I would love to see 'upgrades on a budget'

Lightweight flywheel.....................

Well timed verniers......................

uprated spark plugs/leads?.....................

Quick/short shift.........................

different exhausts......numerous manufacturers......................power/torque gains.

expert mapping on standard ECU?..................... You get the idea.

Currently R247.....awaiting upgrades! My Viper Blue 140 SV

How about an article on how easy it is to change a k-series head gasket (he says hopefully - since finding that I've just blown mine!).... ☹️

Duncan

M7JVL

Sheep-liker's 'other half'!