Click here if you are having website access problems ×

750mc at Brands 23/24 April

BarryT

The 750mc are running a meeting at Brands Hatch on 23/24 April. The 7 championship is on the 23rd along with Kits, Roadsports (inc Noble, Morgan, TVR) and Bike Sport (radicals etc). I will be attempting to get my VX car in amongst all the Superlight Rs and R400s (I don't know how Martin Stewart does it). As usual for 750mc it promises to have some good grids with exciting racing. Barry

Unfortunately I have just withdrawn from the race at Brands as I was the only class B entry. Can't say I fancied running around on my own 4 seconds slower than the rest . Shame as I was looking forward to it.

Sorry to hear you've withdrawn, its a real shame there are not more cars in this class as Roadsports A cars are excellent value second hand, plus 750MC provides good value racing at some top circuits.....

(Incidentally, I'm sure you wouldn't have been 4s behind all the Class A cars!! they provide excellent slipstreams......)

Perhaps it wouldn't be quite as much as 4 seconds. I run in Megagrad spec which falls into the same class and is similar to RSA but minus the 6 speed box and LSD. 54.5 seconds would probably be about the absolute best I could expect and that is over 2 seconds slower than the class A lap record. That would still mean I would be lapped twice in the race! Hopefully the class B grids will improve later in the season.

I think if you do 54.5s you'd have someone to play with....and you'd only be lapped once (and only just then...). Still not tempted!!??

...trouble of course with entries, is that if no-one runs in the class, the chances of numbers picking up is worse... The Brands race for 750MC last year benefitted from having a few of the Caterham RSA championship enter.