Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

tyre fitting

Gee Whizz

ok probably a silly question but...

I currently have Ao21's on the 7 and by the looks of things George Polley is the man to get some replacement rubber from.

however if they send the tyres via a courier how do you guys get them put on your rims? Is it just a case of taking them down the local quick fit?

I use a local mobile tyre fitter - excellent service and very professional - the man even knows what the red dot is for - only £5 a corner too 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Lightest part of the tyre - should be positioned adjacent to the inflation valve when fitting the tyre to the wheel.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I needed to swap a couple of tyres last year so I took the wheels and tyres which I'd got mail order from BTMR down to Kwik Fit who did a great job (let me watch to see it was done right) and refused payment provided I put £5 in a collection they were running for a local child with cancer. They exceeded my expectations and I'd certainly use them again.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to raise this thread again...

Who do people get in the welwyn area to fit their tyres?

I have some logistical issues around timings thanks to a MSE day saturday week...and discovering I only have 1 mm of tread wear left before going illegal on the rears- not enough for a track day!

I plan to get George polley to send down some tyres and get them fitted locally.

does anyone know whether George P is open on saturdays if I was to drive up there?

George Poley is not usually open on saturday and I don't think the 7 workshop fit tyres themselves although I'm sure they use someone local. I use Crystal Autos at the back of Ratrace in Barnet. Ask for Rob he's a really nice guy.