Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Live axle zetec 7

Jez P

Live axle Zetec 7

1986 vintage, Red ali, flared wings, Q plate.

raceline 2 litre Zetec

Raceline head, Cams and lightened flywheel (190bhp spec)

Engine built with new block/pistons (10k miles since build)

New twin 45's

5 speed box with Ali bellhousing (converted chasis from 4 speed)

Ford rear axle (converted from Ital for extra durability)

Freestyle (Avo) adjustable aluminium dampers (rose jointed at rear)

yoko A021 on 6x13 (185) front and 7x13 (205) rear on new black KN minotaurs

Techcraft repackable silencer

Brand new racetech suede steering wheel

Never tracked

great condition for year - though still potential for upgrading and cosmetics!

owned, loved and enjoyed for last 7 years (on the road and tinkering), This car will be missed!

Selling to fund flying lessons

£9250 - (any serious offer considered)

Oh no, don’t do it Jeremy

I wont have the pleasure of trying to follow (and not succeeding) this car back from the Oxford meetings again, ☹️ it’s a seriously quick car.

Can’t you fund your flying lessons by some other means, or try gliding, its cheaper ( Ms UC and myself are booked in to some gliding lessons this weekend – £25 each)

Jeremy, you told me you would NEVER sell this car. ☹️

Mind you I think I said something similar about my old Zetec 7. *wink*

A great, well loved and very well fettled car this one for anybody who is interested. *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV. In the final weeks of gestation. SVA booked/postponed/booked/postponed/booked.

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 15 Apr 2005 15:40:00

Hi Mike, Hi Brent

Thanks for joining me on this lonely thread!

You are making me feel very sentimental Mike! I'll miss those test drives and discussions on wing and screen choices!

How's the Duratec Brent? - must be close now! Any suggestions of what to do with my old Zetec block!!

It took a lot of will power to hit that submit button to post the ad but I figured I could always get another one if this flying thing doesn't take off! - by the way it's paramotoring i'm learning (and funding equipment), performed by dangling under an inflatable wing made of nylon with a 2 stroke fan on your back! Mad or what!

I'd like to try conventional gliding and £25 sounds a bargain! Let me know how it goes.

All the best

Jeremy

Hmmmm, I hear Brent now has a fair bit of free time

Not if I wish to remain married. *tongue*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV. In the final weeks of gestation. SVA booked/postponed/booked/postponed/booked.

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 19 Apr 2005 10:35:50

£25 for your first flight and then £15 thereafter at the Oxford gliding club.

here

Once you are a member ( £170 / year ) its £4 per flight plus 20p / minute in the air.

Second hand gliders go for about £3000 upwards and most people share one or go thirds.

Had a great time last Saturday, seriously considering becoming a member.

Edited by - Mikey UdaleClarke on 19 Apr 2005 13:45:15

Edited by - Mikey UdaleClarke on 19 Apr 2005 16:06:09

Tragic decision to sell this car - a bargain for another enthusiast capable of handling the power though. There will be black smoke from Reading chimneys in sympathy... ☹️ The old block should be suitably engraved, polished and mounted on the garage wall in memoriam....

David Thomas

Tragic decision to sell this car - a bargain for another enthusiast capable of handling the power though. There will be black smoke from Reading chimneys in sympathy... ☹️ The old block should be suitably engraved, polished and mounted on the garage wall in memoriam....

David Thomas

David Thomas

Nice suggestion for the block David, but I've spent the last 6 months stubbing my toe and tripping over it! Your proposition will probably result in me banging my head on it every time I'm in the garage instead. Makes me wonder if there is a thread with "101 uses for an old block" - saying that there's nothing wrong with it, it was just cheaper to get a whole new bottom end pistons crank and all, than replacing the crank and bearings on the old one!

I agree with David, make a feature of the old block as a memento. Maybe on it's side on the kitchen wall as a 4 pot wine rack or a rather large paperweight 😬 or at the very worst, a very functional door stop. *thumbup*

Just think laterally, Jeremy, and you will find a use for it. *tongue*

Brent

PS, I can't believe there has been no interest shown yet. Maybe it's divine intervention. *eek*

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 19 Apr 2005 23:37:49

Hi Nigel

Yes, it's a long cockpit.

Cheers

Jerry

ps further to Brents and David's suggestion of Zetec block memento perhaps the enviromentally friendly thing to do (after all I guess it's produced it's fair share of CO2) would be to out it in the garden and plant something in each port - not only would this remove atmospheric CO2 but the weathering and rust would de stress the block for future high performance applications! (plus making a pretty garden feature)

• 2 weeks later...