Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear wing rivnuts

Red SLR

• Support Team

I bought a cheap rivnut gun from Car Builder Solutions and intend to use that. I also have one of Karsten's wing bolt kits which has some sort of rubber rivnuts with bolts that don't need a gun - as you screw them in the rubber is pulled into the hole.

To do the job really well you could use steel rivnuts but the gun is much more expensive.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Hi Lads I work in the Aircraft industary and we use anchor nut as blind fasteners thay are very good thay are fastened on with two solid rivets if I was fitting the rear wings this is what I would use I will try and find A supplier but the part number is MS21075L4N these are 1/4 if you need 5/16 that would be MS21075L5N

The nut and bolt method of refixing rivnuts is very fiddly and didn't work for me when I had to re-insert the wing rivnuts after an off into the tyre wall atr a trackday. Managed eventually with a borrowed insertion tool from my Brother in law, only took 10 minutes to put 3 back in. However, I have now used nylon bolts to attach the wing so I dont have to do this again. Twas cold in the garage over Christmas when i was doing this so had to hurry up.