Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Longcross

Mark Durrant

The final instructions state" Spectators are only permitted access until 9.00am and will restricted to the main paddock area only". Having spectated before you are restricted to walking the paddock and watching the cars go round a a hairpin.

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Not being on the list of entrants (thanks to the trouble maker for spotting) I rang up the event secertary Pam. She has confirmed that I do have a place but has no idea either what my number is or why I am not on the list *confused* hope to get it sorted next week when her husband (whom she blamed) gets back 😳

So sorry to dissapoint some of you as I will be in attendance and competing 😬

Now just need to

1. get the car setup

2. get rid of the full tank of fuel

3. get a picture for the MSA license

4. get my tyres from Adrian

rob *cool*

Unhelpfully the final instructions have no contact details for the organiser - could someone post me a telephone number so I can withdraw (dead engine) and let someone else have my place?

Cheers *thumbup*

G for Geoff

Dan - no problem, we'll be in most evenings (not Tuesday though)! *thumbup*

There's no hurry on the wheels from our point of view, though, they're safely piled in a corner of the garage, not in the way!

G for Geoff

Edited by - GTD on 11 Apr 2005 12:23:03

Well what can I say apart from what an awsome, sphincter grabbing course *eek*. This is one sprint where total commitment and a bit more is required and as become the custom over the last couple of seasons L7 Club members set the fastest 5 times of the day with the top 3 running not running on slicks 😳.

Congratulations to Brodie who pipped Dave Jackson by 8/10ths to secure FTD. I think the club certainly put the Westfields in the shade which included the car from SBD *thumbup*.

What a great start to the season and no doubt I will see most of at Llandow next week *thumbup*

Off to watch some video taken during the day including some Lowflying over the crests 😬

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

• Area Representative

What a course

Around two minutes and sixth gear over the line

My year has started just like last year - beaten into 3rd place by a very small margin (0.13 sec - Well done Andy *mad*)

Mark was a country mile ahead ☹️ - it looks like he's already got class two in the bag again this year

Edited by - Richard Price on 17 Apr 2005 20:57:18

As Gordy's chief saboteur I just failed in my duties, despite my ability to lure young Jenkins into the metal work *tongue* *tongue* 😬 😬

I've some interesting bits of video from the "hairpin", especially for Matt and Mrs Kipper.

The Jackson v Branch battle was fantastic, visually the quickest two cars on the circuit.

The SBD Westie was not that fast through that section though it wwas damned noisey.

'Nutter of the Day' has to go to the chap in the DTM Merc powered MG Magnate *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 😬

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 17 Apr 2005 22:12:42

Yep, an interesting course, to say the least *eek* 😬 Even the parade laps were scary *eek*

That's the first time ever I have hit 7000 in 6th on a sprint course *eek* The snake ws something else and my poor times reflected the fact that I just didn't have the b@lls to take the jump anywhere near the speed I could have done.

Congrats to Mark, not only for the class win but for the mechanical assistance during the day. Commiserations to Mike S., I hope it's back in one piece for Llandow.

I must also congratulate Mrs Kipper. From a very, very nervous start, she put in what I think was a very acceptable time and (from what I was told) was showing some real committment around the hairpin - resulting in a spin on the last run 😬

A great day all round - and weren't we lucky with the weather *cool* 😬 Roll on next weekend.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Even as a reluctant spectator, I had a great time - thanks, Ben, for taking me out for the passenger laps (and for bringing the slicks over for me!) *thumbup*

My nomination for Nutter of the Day was the chap with the (Spridget derived) Lenham Coupe that he bought new in 1964 and has developed through over 400 meetings over the past 40 odd years as his tyres have got wider and wider!

G for Geoff

Chap walking down the street said to me " I bet that thing flies " 😬

Car all ok but where the new and un christened sump read Caterham it now reads " " *confused*

Hoping to be closer where power isn't such a must.

Who's got Pipercam's Number 🤔

MY 51VEN - R400

Give it some WELLY! Only if you have the ride height!

New sump guard being manufactured.