Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Your first Sprint?

Chris__

Danny,

As you will have noted the regulations on head restraints were amended last year so that they are mandatory for essentially all cars at hillclimbs and sprints as well as for racing etc.

The regs specify that the head restraint must be capable of withstanding certain forces - and the tillet seat on its own is unable to do that in its bit behind the head - hence the need to put a padded head restraint setup behind it. Lots of people have queried about just padding the diagonal bar rather than doing the full job - but realistically the bar itself does not provide the correct profile (a 10x10cm square) and for almost everyone the portion of the diagonal behind the tillet is not actually behind the head - but somewhat lower - and obviously diagonal!

The head restraint bracket is easy to fit - sorting out padding for it is the trickier bit!

Hope this helps,

Brian

Clerk of the Course

Thanks all

Last thing I want to do is turn up for my first sprint and not be able to compete.

Mark...I have another head restraint, I'll now get round to fitting it. Got to work out how to pad it first though..Hmmm contact adhesive with Hight density roll bar padding and gaffer tape sounds most likel at the mo!

Dannyboy *tongue*