Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus 7 - first reg. 1985

Fricke

Anyone with knowledge of "changing" the build date on the vehicle reg. attest. I buying a Lotus 7 first reg. 1985, but have some diff. in assuring that the car build in 1967 - 68, it's a series 2. the chassisnumber is from 1985 and apparantly not from 1967-68.

I need the original builddate for importing the car to Denmark

Is it possible to get the authorities to change the reg and / or build date ?

Any suggestions is very helpfull

I don't think you will have to much success. The chassis number must be a Caterham number by 1985.

There are some old Lotus 7 track cars that weren't registered for the road that may not have been registered until 1985 but they should have an SB chassis number prefix. I think that there should also be an Arch Motors frame number stamped on the chassis (by the nearside rear shock absorber mounting?) and this will indicate the year of manufacture of the frame. This number is quite different to the chassis number. My 1989 car begins with 089 XXX. Arch will have records of frame number against year.

Without an original chassis plate/number I think that the VRO won't help, (I hope I may be wrong) but you will need a very good justification.

Good Luck

Edited by - chris flavell on 16 Oct 2001 14:55:49

Edited by - chris flavell on 16 Oct 2001 14:56:33