Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Elvington 7th May

neil.cavanagh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK assuming that I am still on my Knackers Cr500s (not using the new ones on track until both my Europe jaunts are over)

What group should I go for ? assuming then that I have a ) the money and b)the time

The Liver is an evil organ and deserves to be punished *eek*

Might be worth buying some re-moulds for the day and seeing if its possible to destroy them in 50 miles *smile*

Elvington is pretty abrasive.

Delbert, I'm sure advanced will be fine, you were certainly getting pretty quick at Anglesey, and that was compared to other sevens, not 80 BHP diesel tin tops *eek*

Spose I could bring new tyres and get them changed at the venue for the trip home..

Just that the backs are at 4-5 mill and I've a trackday in April , wouldn't want to drive back from Elvington on illegal rubber

Would the RAC tow me home on the basis that the car is broken with its illegal tyres!!!!

If Dave brings the BBQ and food, ill give him my second drivers slot 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

(TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY)

must not touch any buttons

if any buttons are pressed please return to fig 1,2 and 3 *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

Delbert, i can just imagine it now. Sir, did you not realise your tyres were bald

well, i did an emergancy stop for a lepricorn in the road and look what happened 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 *tongue*

4-5 mil????

you should have seen the 032s Chris and I drove home on after september at Angelsey!!! 😬 *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

I think I'll probably order some tyres from BaT and have them fitted before the blat home so I can destroy the last 4 goodish 032s I have in the garage...

Would make sense but they do not carry 15" Cr 500s, even to special order 😳

Other option is pay for the 13" rims I've been offered and have some ****e rubber put on them

Which brings me back to I'll have to weight and see what happens over the next 10 days

😬Now Delbert, the best way to look at this is:

1) If you land the new job then you'll have the cash for a track day to celebrate!!

2) If you don't land this new job you'll be really upset, and so had better go and book yourself on a fun trackday with your friends to make yourself feel better.... 😬

It's my version of retail therapy!! *thumbup* *cool* *cool*

Delbert - I can lend you a set of 13" wheels/tyres you could run with on the day, if you are towing the car again you could take them up with you? I could bring them up to Curborough at the end of the month!

G for Geoff

There you go Delbert!

excuses gone!!! 😬 😬

Elvington is a GREAT place to really play in the car... I'm looking forward to trying out the power drifts I was starting to get through Douglas somewhere with LOADS of run off for WHEN get it wrong!! 😬 😬

Thanks Geoff, that would be brilliant.

Whilst I doubt I will be towing I am sure that somebody will be, or I'll strap them to the car some how...

Right still not happy about advanced group though, I was only competant at Anglesy as I knew the route

*eek*Have faith Delbert!

I did my first ever track day there in an open pit lane event. I was still comfortably the fastest car there, and I didn't know noffink about proper wheel twiddling then! (not that I know much now!!!)... Elvington is just HUGE... circuit is normally 2-3miles long so you don't need to worry about holding people up... apart from maybe Chris'Sideways'B..... 😬 *eek* 😬

As it stands , you are right the advanced group does look the best option but there is some muscle in the Intermediates as well.

Have provisionally booked until we sort out the groups.

Will Chris B be towing?

Edited by - Delbert on 5 Apr 2005 09:01:19

Anyone please,

Norman says he would like to do this day......he's up to his eyes in it today and has set me on the job *confused* But..................where do I go to book this? Sorry for being daft (what am I saying u already know that one).

I await .........

Lynne(HM) 😬 😬

PENNILESS WIFE (HUBBY GOT ALL THE MONEY TIED UP IN THE CAR) AKA HM