Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Problem fitting aeroscreen - help!

Derestrictor

Being a completely lazy barsteward and not actually building my R400, I've reached the stage where it's time to ditch the windscreen and don the helmet for a bit more intensity.

Probably bleedin' obvious to the great and the good but I'm wondering how to remove the heated windscreen wire that trails out of the bodywork and into the windscreen frame itself?

Would be indamnably grateful if someone could point me in the right direction!

Cheers,

DeR.

P.S. I've never received so much respect from bikers! (Even if you do have to blat at increasingly ridiculous, early hours these days.)

*thumbup*

Thanks, it does indeed disconnect from a plug and pull through: I assume the aero screen needs some kind of bonding strip to get it all flush with the bodywork?

Having done all that and secured the seemingly inadequate, fiddly aero mirror set my next question is this:

For road use, what's normal procedure ~ helmet on or off?

Must say, car looks superb now... 😬 DeR.

I think prevailing wisdom is a helmet, at least on a blat of any significant length, or if on the motorway. Having said that, I've ridden in an aeroscreened car and without helmet, and the wind in the hair, etc is fantastic. 😬 Good eye protection is mandatory, though.