Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Supersport Cams and ECU - EU2 1.6K

KenEvans

Hi Guys,

Cant raise PeeWee right now. He is in Iraq doing his bit. I have mailed him and I hope that he gets to a PC ASAP. I would beg a little more time please. Tuesday PM?? If no go then hey he has missed out.

Thanks for your patience.

Any idea of price please??? 🤔

Many thanks

Zak

Updated site 16th Oct 04 - www.zak7.com

• Area Representative

You are all true gents! Thanks for hanging out for me!!! Ken Im very intrested, Im trying to get my 52 plated factory built 1.6 Roadsport ready for my annual pilgrimage to LeMans, but this year I want to get there a little quicker! Zak has been a first class contact and he's managed to bag a 52mm throttle body with ali plenum, also awaiting final details from Mav regards 13" minis. So to the ECU and Cams, I honestly wouldnt know what to offer you and wouldnt want to test your patience, so could you please e-mail me with a rough guide as to what your looking for... Again many many thanks for waiting, its not easy to get to a terminal out here...

Pee Wee

If you’re behind me and can read this, its because I’m letting you.... Pee Wee

Pee Wee

52 Roadsport is likely to be EU3 i.e. big plastic cover over 2/3 of the engine, rounded at the exhaust side. No distributor / leads visible. EU2 small cover over the plugs in the centre of the engine and distributor / leads on show.

EU2/3 ECU are definitely not interchangeable cams might not be (depends whether they have cam phase lobe on the exhaust cam).

Hope this clarifies.

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Edited by - Mr Locust on 3 Apr 2005 21:57:08

• Area Representative

Ken, looks like this might not be possible, Im home on R+R for a week on this Thursday so Ill need to sort out EU2 or EU3 I think its EU3 as per Tonys discription. Ill let you know soonest but in the mean time if you get an offer or have had one please feel free to off load the parts. Ill be in touch regardless, many thanks.

Pete...

If you’re behind me and can read this, its because I’m letting you.... Pee Wee

Hi all;

Given the debate above I'll post this here instead of techtalk: how does one tell the difference between an EU2 and EU3 ECU?

(I too have an ECU and cams - plus cogs and lifters - sitting in a box in the garage, but having acquired them as part of a big heap of race spares, I don't know what they are from!)

R

So, best of luck to Ken and Richard selling. More of the same then - is there a way the two are interchangeably fitted?? EU2 and EU3 by someone with the know how?

Guess PeeWee needs to know this!

Zak

Updated site 16th Oct 04 - www.zak7.com