Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

List 1A tyres to replace Avon CR500

John

Thanks for the reply Blatman but I need 205/55/13 as per Avon CR500 sizes not 205/60/13.

I have seen some Falkens of this size on another car, but cannot find any contacts for Falken to ring and ask. Anyone out there know of any?

Morning Johnwink.gif

I would check carefully the actual diameter and rolling circumference of your wheel/tyre combination. Tyre sizes can vary greatly between manufacturer, and even between tyres of similar type from the same manufacturer. Avon's own web site quotes that the 195/50/13 has a smaller diameter than the 185/50/13...... (c. Peter Carmichael, from the thread entitled "Ground Clearance, just down the page) Once the manufacturing tolerances are known, I doubt a 5% difference in aspect ratio will make a great deal of difference.

I would check the dimensions of the CR500s from the Cooper AVon racing web site. I don't know why, but i have the impression that their designation (205x55) doesn't represent their size well! To back this up, the rear R500 wheel is huge to fit a real 205 tyre to!

Graham