Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Phew I'm knackered ................

Hibster.

If someone ever offers you 3 interviews in one day, just say No !

1st one was OK, typical corporate interview but it lasted twice as long as predicted. Decision by the middle of next week. This was the scum one and lasted 10-11

Then a long gap until the 2nd one at 2pm

Arrrgghhh why are all the nice places to sit and read my notes like St Pauls Church Yard full of tourists and parents with kids on half term. They should have been bothering the London Dugeon or somewhere like that

I turn up for the 2pm one. Say to the receptionist I have an appointment with Mr X, she looks at me in an odd way. I sit in reception and wait and a chap not called Mr X says hello and ushers me into a meeting room where he explains that Mr x is no longer with the company but he is the acting CEO and so will interview me. It turns out that they are not really looking for someone with my background anyway so we called it quits afer 15 mins. *mad*

3 more trains later and I arrive in Dalston, a funky place if ever there was one (Beagle wouldn't like it one little bit). This is a company run by 2 serial entrepen-ooh-eeers (missus). They run the oufit from a huge loft apartment with a mezzanine office that would have been the spare room if the place was put to more normal use. One of the guys spends 4 days a month going round photographing things for a glossy coffee table book that is being published next year (he wouldnt say what) and did the album cover photography for The Verve. Both of them ooozed wealth (kerching) and seemed to be very well connected in all sorts of areas. I'm going to meet them and their new sales director late next week.

Now I need sleep, I've been on 9 different trains, walked miles and had 13 voice mails on my mobile when I switched in back on. What is the world coming to *confused*

PS Thanks for the txts

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Dalston. Fond (????) memories of Dalston cause it's near where I wus brung up (Acne)

Ridley Road market, wonder if it's still there. There used to be a smoke house at one end and my mum would go in and buy the salmon bones (couldn't afford the salmon). Cooked them in a sweet & sour sauce. About the only thing she cooked that I liked.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Twas in Kingsland Road near the canal and backing onto the East London railway line which they are going to re-open. Tis a long walk from there to Dalston station at the mo

"47401" Myles you have revealed yourself as a trainspotter as that is a real number of a class 47 or Brush 4 ISTR

Still knackered, this almost working lark is a bit much

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Are they really gonna link Dalston to Peckham *confused* They'll rename it the "Chav & Yardie" line *tongue*

Nearly bought a flat in Dalston, very nice place, right next to the bus stop opposite the station. Thank heavens that i went back to see what the area was like at night *eek* Those judo and kung-fu lessons came in very handy - Thanks Mum *thumbup*

Only 14 hitmen Myles - blinkin cheapskate 😬 Good job you put on the kevlar vest then Paul *thumbup*

Albert Einstein: The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Hic

Yes I expect it was lively at night with all sorts of commercial activitity *wink*

There is already a barrier over one the side roads (Balls Pond snigger) at the height of the bridge that they are going to be putting back in so it really is going ahead

Now will they be running Class 47's, hmmw, EWS have still got quite a few and have upgraded some with new modern power plants *thumbup*

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬