Click here if you are having website access problems ×

argggh.. feckng sky installation

neil.cavanagh

*mad* *mad* *mad*right, I'm 'working from home' today so I can get Sky+ installed at the new house.

Got left a message this morning (around 8am) saying he would be there between 10 and 1.

I popped round at 10am, then went back home expecting a call when he arrived (I'm only 5 mins away).

Didn't hear anything so went round at about noon. NO sign of anyone calling.. I waited until 13:15 and then called the helpline.

They told me the job had been cancelled as it was down as an 'existing customer' rather than a 'new customer'. How the engineer knew that I was a new customer rather than an existing (house already has a dish) without even speaking to me I don't know!

Had big argument with them... pointed out the letter in front of me said 'your NEW installation is scheduled for...' and that actually as the house has a dish the installation would be the same either way (new receiver on dish, run extra cable, plug in box).

The first two muppets just wanted to cancel the order and have me call customer service and create a new order with an installation date sometime in the distant future. *mad* *mad*

I finally got through to someone who was willing to call the engineer and try and get him back. So HOPEFULLY he might pitch up later today.

Why are they so fecking useless? and why can't the first two tiers of the call centre do anything apart from read from a screen and say they can't do anything. Even when its obvious that:

1) its an admin cock up

2) its a cock up at their end

3) actually the admin makes no physical difference to the enginner....

4) that the enginner probably hadn't even turned up and just cancelled it 'cos he had a bad hangover?

*mad* *mad* *mad*

Just hope when they finally do turn up you don't end up with an Amstrad box - they're rubbish - well compared to the Pace one we have. The Amstrad one crashes or resets itself and randomly deletes stuff or fails to record a couple of times a week - loads more problems than the Pace one.

On the upside though, when they came to install it (existing customer but new house) they did it all without any trouble.

Hope you get it sorted today.

*wink*

Rach

Edited by - Rachael on 1 Apr 2005 15:12:20

Sky are so carp that when we move house (hopefully in 3 weeks) I shall be cancelling my subscription and not renewing it. Why should I pay £20 a month to watch the same stuff that I saw last week? It's all a pile of pants..... *thumbdown* *mad*

The only thing I'll miss are the bike GPs..... With the £20 a month saved I could go to at least 3 of them! 😬 *thumbup*

We will mend it We will fix it...

Neil - welcome to the wonderful world of Sky customer service, easily the most offensive, uncaring and downright obstreperous customer facing operation I have yet to deal with (though I'm about to put Volvo UK to the test). *mad* *thumbdown*