Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rolling Road tuning in Scotland

charlie_pank

I need to get someone to make me a new map for Kermit as I fixed an air leak recently and he's running very rich - to the point that I'm sure he won't pass an MOT. I've got an Emerald ECU and the software for modifying it, and I'm capable of tweaking it a bit, but I think it really wants starting again from scratch.

Can anyone give me a recommendation?

where are you wanting to stick the car on the rolling road as there is various ones round the country

i know of 2 round aberdeen one of which i wouldn't let anywhere near the car but he has quite a modern rolling road and the other has an older one and seems to be not so bad but not brilliant.

also dastek where ever they are somewhere near edinburgh have had some not so bad reports and then there is falklands performance but haven't a clue about then

either contact Mr hoy or wander over to the scottish elise lot and ask them here or the yahoo site which is busier here

Sod the heater wheres my shades

Thanks to all, it seems that Emerald have now sorted out their logging, so I should be able to have a fiddle myself without the RR first. If I have any trouble, I guess I'll be on my way to Dalgetty bay.

Grant, I was assuming that if someone knows what they're doing, and I provide the cable, computer and software, they should be able to map it for me regardless of whether it's an Emerald, MBE etc...

Charlie P.

If you are struggling , and live in the North East, there is no need to travel to Fife. Nigel Bridger of Waldon Engineering has a vast experience in RR set up. Well able to use your kit. The new chap in Aberdeen has a fancy RR and does a lot of the Scooby do boys, and first reportts say he is with it.

thanks for all the suggestions, she who holds the purse strings has decreed that I will NOT spend £200 getting the map sorted out unless I absolutely have to. Normally I'd just do it anyway, but she has a point as come the 19th of April I will be unemployed and she will be supporting me. So.... I'm trying to do what Peter Carmichael was trying to do (how far did you get with it PC - or are you still in the Alps?) - and parse the output of the emerald data logger to give a map of lambda readings that looks like this:here (view it in excel then go to the 'data' menu and choose "text to columns" and tell it it's delimited by semicolons). You then see a map of lambda readings with Engine speed down the y axis and Throttle position across the x axis. Each lambda reading is the average of all the readings for that point, which I reckon, given a large enough sample size, could give me what I want - ie enough information to go back to the fuelling map and adjust it correctly.

Is anyone who's actually not fallen asleep by the time they've read this far in the slightest bit convinced that this idea might have some merit?

PS Lawrence, you don't have a wideband lambda probe you want to lend me do you? :)

Edited by - charlie_pank on 5 Apr 2005 23:01:30

okay if you are looking for somewhere to scream the car up and down a piece of tarmac you could try either of the two drag racing circuits as they have regular run what you brung days.

only a quarter of a mile but enough to get into 5th with a 6 speeder.

Sod the heater wheres my shades