Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted - place at Llandow 23rd April

simon_fletcher

Due to being a bit slow off the mark my co-driver fort he Llandow sprint got in to the track day the preceding day but I didn't. ☹️

If anyone did get in but can't make it I'd be very interested in taking it off your hands...for a reasonable fee or donation to NTL, of course!

Cheers,

Simon

As the driver partnering Simon Fletcher in the sprint on Sunday and having a place on the track day on Saturday, while he doesn't - unfortunately its his car and I suspect it might call into question participation in both days events. I wonder how many of those on the Saturday track day are competing on Sunday? It does seem unfortunate that while it was Simon who requested first, when a place has become available it has not been offered to him? I believe something was mentioned about being first on a waiting list - i don't believe this would have happened at some of the other track day events run by other organisations!

John ,

Firstly , thee isnt an "organisation" organising this trackday , it simply me and my wife .

The trackday was offered to sprint competitors first with the reciepts sent back with your sprint application . I know you are not happy in not having a trackday entry , and as discussed that is simply because you placed your application after the trackday was filled . There is nothing I can do to prevent this from occuring as the event is very popular and we are limited to just 45 trackday entries. Its strictly first come first serve.

I suggested that you post a wanted here , which you have done . I have no control on how another entrant wishes to pass on his cancellation .

I have told people that there is a thread here with people wanting places , I realy am honestly too busy at the moment , with my day job and organising this event to get involved with handling and shuffling cancelations .

I'm sorry you are disapointed and I do hope you will come to the event - I expect we will have further cancelations in the next 2 weeks , so please dont storm off and throw the towel in *smile*

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Brodie - I'm sorry but I am not getting involved in selling places on in the event of cancellations - as it said in the booking details , it is the entrants responsibility . Please just notify me of the name of the new entrant .

Following John Cristies comments above - you could mail John direct before someone else books these places ? . I dont have Johns telephone number here in work so I have no means of contatcing him I'm afraid .

I have just emailed you John and simon fletcher to make you aware of Brodies place being available on here .....

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 7 Apr 2005 08:17:53

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 7 Apr 2005 08:19:31

A message for Brodie, Simon will happily snap your hand off for a place on the trackday, you can call him on 07989 977910 if you cannot get hold of him contact me on 07795 806799.

Dave, I understand and appreciate all the efforts you make in your spare time arranging the events. Its just a little upsetting when an earlier request for a spare place is ignored - but I understand your desire not to become involved in administering waiting lists and cancellations.

All the best

John

As the person offering a place for sale I thought it best to answer Simon's request by posting on here.

The problem with this approach I guess is that the risk is he is beaten to it as has been the case. In hindsight I should have posted a time within which the place was available to Simon only before others could have the chance. All I can do is apologise for not thinking of it at the time.

In defence of Dave, who works his ass off for all of us by organising the weekend, it is hardly his fault. He pointed me to this thread and I made the mistake of not offering it to Simon first, so blame me not him.

If it wasn't for Dave there would be no event at all, and I always feel that by sniping at people who organise things only makes it more likely that they won't do so again next year. Having promised Dusty the place I won't go back on it, and Simon I offer you my apologies and hope you get the chance of someone else's place.

Steve