Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windscreen mounting position

Shaun_E

• Support Team

My new scuttle has no holes for the windscreen. How do I determine where to drill them? I have seen a bracket that replaces the "U" section that holds the scuttle to the body, which has an extension with windscreen mounting holes in it. This bracket was supplied with a Caterham interchangeable aeroscreen - is it a normal part?

Is there a fool proof way of measuring the positioing of the holes?

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Update - called Caterham to order the brackets described above but they only have one side ☹️. Still should be able to make a template for the other side. However it is likely that the holes in the bracket for the scuttle mounting bolts are slotted and therefore won't give me a definitive position.

Caterham use a jig that works off the nosecone Dzus fastener mounting point. i may have to use the measurements for that jig *thumbdown*.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Part arrived today and the holes are indeed slotted. I can get the height of the windscreen mounting holes from this but not the horizontal location. Anyone got any ideas of how to measure the location?

Updated in case anyone ever searches for this or I forget the measurements:

The jig used, mounts to the upper nosecone Dzus fastener mount on the chassis. The measurements below are taken from the back face of this mount (i.e. the face nearest the cockpit) to the centre of the holes

forward hole = 1012.5mm

rearward hole = 1152mm

The spacing of the holes is actually 140mm but the angle of the measurement must cause the 0.5 mm discrepancy.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 1 Apr 2005 11:15:25