Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Zetec jetting

millsn

Can I get some wisdom on suitable jetting for DCOS 45s on a standard 2.0 ltr zetec please?

I apear to have 155 F6 130 (where the 130 is a the squirty end of the mains and the 155 at the top) - just call me a layman!

Nigel Mills - 2.0 Zetec carbs

Nigel,

What you have at the moment are 130 main jets, 155 air correctors, and F6 emulsion tubes. These seem a little on the small side for a 2litre engine making about 165bhp.

Try this;

Choke 36mm

Main jet 145

Air corrector 180

Emulsion tube F16

Idle 50 F9

Pump jet 40 or 45

This will certainly be a good starting point.

Chris.

Oily,

You're almost right! Just trying to help.

I don't profess to be a luminary on Zetecs whether standard or otherwise,(I'm a crossflow man!) but I did recognise that the inputs in Dave Andrews' programme bear an uncanny resemblance to information not only in the Weber and Dellorto manufacturers' manuals,but also in writings on carburation by David Vizard.

So if you're accusing me of plagiarism.......

Chris

cdg, nope not accusing anyone of anything, no offence intended..smile.gif the rules for calibrating Webers are pretty well known, they've just been automated in the program, just so happens I ran it here and got identical results. There's bound to be a lot of commonality between information on a subject with such limited scope as a Weber. The design is fixed and well known, the rules are fixed and well known.

Oily

I've used exactly that combination of main circuit jetting on a friends warmed over 2 litre Pinto and it proved marginally on the rich side although not by much, we took the mains down to 140 although YMMV. The idles were changed for 55f8s although it ran reasonably well on the 50f9s.

Oily