Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hose- Which type for Dry sump

tricky dicky

Need your advice for my Pace system fitted to a K.

The oil hose runs from the scavenge pump and around the front mounted DS tank and then under the chassis rail to the housing. It has burst on 2 occasions at the filter end and I want to know the best spec hose to replace it with?

Regards

Rich

I have the Think braded hose, with ali fittings, as do a lot of the guys. Is this the type that's burst, if so, then I need to be worried!

If not, then go for that spec, speak to Mathew at Think and he will know the length etc of the hose required *cool*

I used FC332 push-on hose and fittings from THINK.

Easy to make-up in situ and no problems in service.

Braided hose won't prevent bursting due to high oil pressure. Braided hose is to protect from external abrasion/damage and IMHO is APITA - wherever it touches it will wear-off the powder coat or damage metal parts.

Matthew at Think recommended the push-on hose and fittings. I made-up a test piece and there is no-way the hose will come loose from the fitting at the pressures we wil encounter 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

another recommendation for Thinks FC332 hose, its so easy to use

would not recommend braided hose - although its nice and shiny, its also heavy, unnecessary, difficult to use and I've had it wear through a copper brake pipe at Oulton - result brake pedal to floor as it squirted SRF over the engine bay

That's funny, only fitted my dry sump system a couple of weeks ago, and Mathew at Think, told me not to use push on fittings, as they have had a couple of cases of the hose coming loose *confused*

That's why I went for the braided hoses as used in Mick Smith's original instructions *cool*

No way the hoses/fitting I used could come loose. Virtually impossible to get off if you wanted to with all force possible. Work loose, no way! Perhaps it depends on the fittings *confused*. Or did someone get the wrong size?

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

My racing info site

here