Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seat heights on dampers

kenny.

When other owners have had there cars flat floored........What do the positions of the spring platforms on front) look like?, mine has the passenger side screwed 1" higher, I know that's what they're for but this looks imbalanced and I cannot get my head around it, although weights were perfect..........I'm becoming paranoid now.....appologies to all.

Kenny HPC

I meant , viewed by the human eye they look pretty much at identical heights, not that they look like an eye.

I should imagine that as long as the car looks pretty level then it should be ok, although 1 inch is a hell of a difference, are the springs the same length, is one damper knackered perhaps?

yep, fitted the platforms but not had it flat floored yet, probably will next year. I just set the height to the same as it was before I fitted the platforms, so probably way out. I've done a couple of track days since then though, and it seems fine.

Definately will need to sort it properley next year, so if you find anyone let me know.

As you've probably heard me say, I did a better time in your car (on Prisoner wheels and not set up and with 30/40 bhp less) than I could manage in mine with all the bits.......that was with proper lap timing equipment and no guesswork..........must be a problem somewhere.

Kenny

It does seem particularly odd that your car is compromised in this way. I wouldnt have said that my car is much better in any respect than any other seven I've driven, of all the cars I've driven they all seem fairly similar, varying slightly with engine config/tyres/wheels etc, but they all have a similar feel about them.

Be interesting to find out whats up with yours, must be something fundamental.

Kenny,

My drivers side is about 1 turn higher than the pass side.

On a flat road testing the brakes in the wet I get the fronts to lock up together.

This is what I aimed for in my corner weighting. It makes the car predictable on the limit of braking...for example when I left a cloud of smoke when braking

after the uphill straight at Cadwell for the following righthander.

I am not sure if it is the best set up for speed!?

You could try this test and see what happens.

Steve,

Interesting what you say about your drivers side damper seat screwed 1 turn higher than passenger side.......my passenger side is screwed up one INCH more than the drivers.......on similar cars it does not sound right to me.

Regards the brakes, I must admit that seems to be one area of my handling that seems ok, the car does brake quite well from high speed in various conditions.

Thanks for input,

Kenny HPC