Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HELP ! quick yokohama question

Jam Mad

i have sourced some new a021rs from a dodgy gaff in saahf lahhndan for £54 each..

a021r 185/60 r13 80h

but he has just called me and said that his supplier is giving him two tread options...

s306 or a539

now i wrote everything down on the tyres and the only other thing was compound info, t-567 i think, but nothing about tread.

HELP ! which one should i go for ?

I thought the A021R defined the tread pattern as well as the construction. I think the 539 is a totally different tyre but still a Yokohama and the s306 probably is another manufacturer.

£54 isn't that great a price George Polley Motorsport will sella 185/70 x 13 for about £40 and a 185/60 x 13 for about £54 and is a Yokahama dealer, much safer.

ok, thankyou.

the problem with polley is that i can either get there, have my tyres fitted and leave the old ones there... or take the new ones away with me.

now my 7 is the only car i own... and i want my old tyres for a track/ airfield day, so that i can trash 'em good... and so either option from polley is impossible 'cos i can't fit four tyres on my 7. no fia roll bar unfortunately ( yet), or i'd borrow my friend's rollbar rack.

so i reeeaaally need to find somewhere near to my dodgy streatham gaff if possible.

i'm going to see this dodgy geezer tomorrow morning to find out what he is on about...

thanks for your help.

j wink.gif

g polley does do mail order, but get this.. i work for a living ! so i'm never at home to receive tyres.. ( my girlfriend does too )

and to deliver on a saturday ? £25 extra ! so there goes that saving. i might head down to g polley with a friend tomorrow though.

have a good weekend ! drive safely.

j cool.gif

James -

I've had 021's before from Dartford Tyres (Bexleyheath, near Caterham factory) and also from another place near Dorking - desperately trying to think of the name - you may have to order them from either - just remembered the other place (Newdigate Tyres - they can get ACB10's too) will look out the numbers if you need them - I believe Polley would be cheaper though. Carrying four unmounted spared is not to tricky - leave spare and passenger behind - I've got loads of bungees and tie-downs you can borrow. If you end up getting from one of the neare places I may be able to collect them for you.

You still going to Haywards Heath tomorrow? Give me a call...