Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyre differences

ian crocker

Do you guys ever stop 😬

Maybe it's just me but I do appreciate the time people like Graham put into organising what is a great championship *thumbup* I don't have the inclination to commit my time to changing the rules so am happy to go along with whatever is put together. There are plenty of options as it stands and 1A tyres gives evrbody a low cost solution. Why try and get (someone else) to fix what isn't broken *confused*

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 22

Will they E-mark anything softer than A24's?

When I got my first set of A24's, I was told they were a "special compound" that wasn't normally e-marked, but they were normal A24's.

I'm really not sure there is much to be gained by going much softer than A24 with ACB10's. They overheat too easily for really hard sprint driving. A24's can last quite a while on a fast trackday but on a slow sprint circuit like curborough, and given that I drive my car alot harder at Curborough than any trackday, thay stuggle to not overheat after about 3-4 laps

For reference the standard slick compounds for hillclimb/sprint usage would be A15 or A39 on the rear and A40 on the front. In our usage rears are shagged after 30-35 runs, fronts go quite a lot longer before becoming uncomfortable. Front engined usage would probably imply A39 on the front?

I remember having great fun with a set of 7x21 crossply slicks in A39 on a standard 1.6k Superlight. Lasted well and fitted on standard 6 inch wheels. I guess it's more complicated now.

Paul