Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BMMC Sprint at Curborough

Steve Hill

Thank you for your concerns over OUR sprint. A bit of history, I started the sprints nine years ago to raise our clubs profile. The councils only criteria was I did not loose any money (so far I have kept this promise) As the years have progressed so to have the entries sometimes up sometimes down and each year I have tried to build upon this to the point that five years ago (approx) I invited the Lotus 7 Club through the contact of being the Clerk of the Course for Le Sept. It has always been open to all members, at the same time also being a round of the Curborough Sprint Championship. This year having been invited to be rounds of the Lotus 7 Club Championship I was aware that I could easily fill the entry with L7GB members but I still have a commitment to the Curborough Championship. The easiest way to keep control of entries was to make the entries from L7GB Championship entries. Rightly or wrongly I thought this was the best option. At no point have I stopped an L7GB member from contacting me (and most people have a way of contacting me) to ask for regulations. Like all regulations they can be amended but unless you speak to ME I do not know your problem. It made interesting reading all your points on the forum some agreeable some not but please bear in mind we all do this as volunteers and what makes the work enjoyable is hoping that we can produce on the day an event that everyone enjoys and that the competitor who has just completed his first sprint want to come back for more.

Steve Hill

BMMC National Competition Secretary

In fact, I doubt they care whether its ordinary L7C members or registered championship contenders, and I'd hope that when BB reports back from talking to the BMMC, all will be sorted.

Well that's me eating humble pie.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the situation Steve, and good to talk to you last night. See you at Curborough!

If nothing else, it shows how much we love these events, and I do appreciate the efforts put in by people like yourself and BB - Been there and couldn't do it again!!

Edited by - Alex Wong on 23 Mar 2005 08:49:08

Thanks for your clarification Steve. I now fully understand why the event is restricted to the L7C cahampionship. However that restricted number(probably in excess of 80) is still capable of swamping your event. At the same time, all the the ordinary L7C members, especially the one or two newcomers, who are the very people you seem want to involve are excluded from your event. These people will never question the regulations as they stand.

Is there any possibility that you can ammend your regs to include the ordinary L7C members?

Hopefully this would allow all L7C members to compete together in the same classes, rather than entering as Shenstone or BMMC members.

I appreciate that any change will be impossible for May, as I am sure the L7C event is already fully subscribed, and I personally will have to look elsewhere for a fun weekend.

cheers

Lawrence

Lawrence

Did Steve get hold of you last night to discuss this, he was going to 🤔

I am still unsure why you need to go elsewhere on the May weekend, after talking to Steve my understanding is if the event is not already full you are welcome to attend. We are not the only championship at the event and therfore not all championship contenders will neccessarily get a place anyway.

If you have not spoken to Steve can I suggest you do,

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Thanks Graham

I've just had 2 messages clarifying the current situation and that I missed a call from Steve

Thank you for your concern and I'm sure i will see you in May

Once again I do understand and fully appreciate all you do for the club and that sometimes thing don't appear to go as they are intended.

Lawrence