Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Thinking of selling up

Steve Robinson

Have had it confirmed today that the chain is complete and my house move is now going ahead, and I have done the maths and don't think I can afford to keep the 7. ☹️

Can't believe I am going to do it, but I think come the weekend my car and trailer will be up for sale on Blatchat. Question is, how am I going to survive without my car and the chance to sprint this year??

If I don't have a change of heart and do sell up I know I will miss the sport and the good friends I have made through it, but cannot see a choice due to finances.

Steve

Steve

It would be a great loss if you do not sprint this year.

It always come down to money. If you need to release the capital from the 7 and trailer it a non brainer. If its the cost of tyres and going to the events then either change to class 2 or grab some 2nd hand tyres. It looks as if class 5 will have a lot of tyres for sale.

If you went to class 2 you would not need the trailer. If you have the tyres for class3 Rob has a tyre rack you could put them on (I am sure he would lend you it. You could then drive to the events and get rid of the trailer.

If there is anything I can do to help, please e-mail or call.

David

Thanks David, but unfortunately it is a capital issue not just the cost of tyres.

I expect I will still come to some of the events to help marshall and show my face, but not sure if that would make not competing harder??

Decision will be taken for definite on Saturday when I have had a good time to mull it over, but selling is the logical thing to do.

Steve

Steve

Sorry to hear this mate but I hope the move goes to plan etc, I guess business must be OK??

At this rate I think I will be missing this season as well as I simply cannot find enough time to work on the car and get it finished what with work & family commitments

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Steve

Great to hear the news about the house but a 🙆🏻er about the car. Mind you, you may find that when the move is completed there may be some cash 'left over' to fund a new car. Maybe not this year, but maybe next 😬 I can't believe that the day at Curboro last week was your swansong ☹️

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Hopefully the time without a caterham will only be short, and the kind offers of a few double drives will definitely make it much more bearable. I will of course make contributions to the ACB10's if I do sneak a drive.

Decision is looking pretty final, so now need to think about which events to come to and blag a drive. I'll try to get down to Longcross to spectate and see you all then.

Cheers guys

Steve