Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Um Bongo........

owelly

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo,

A hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango,

He stuck it with the others and he danced a dianty tango,

And the rhino, said "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo"

I was looking for a replacement for my Volvo. I'm gna loose my license/life before too long so it has to go.

I was thinking of a camper 'cos I like camping but with the imminent arrival of Owelly jnr, I think a tent would be a nightmare.

Also, it would be a bonus if it was 4wd like as what my Disco was. It was fabbo for pulling my boat in and out of the wet waterness.

A turbot diesel with a powerfull engine would be good to pull my toys on my magic trailer.

Auto would be nice so I can eat pies at the wheel with ease.

Needs to be big enough to got all the babbiloo parafanalia on board plus dog.

Needs to be versatile enough to use every day.

Then I found the answer to all my prayers.

The holy grail.

Everything a Owelly could want.

The Mazda Bongo!! 😬

Anyone heard of them? Any good?

Anyone want to buy a '98 Volvo S70 T5?

its only a game.........

I had a rich uncle who would take me to Brighton in his car (he was the only person I knew who had a car).

You've guessed it - it was a pink Cresta. Before that he had a black Velox and before that a black Wyvern

Then another uncle got a car - it was a Zephyr. When I could drive I drove it through the front of an off licence. Sherry running down the road like a river. The policeman asked in all seriousness if I had been drinking.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

""

It's frothy man

Delbert, next time you are near Gloucester spend an hour or so reminisicing at the Robert Opie Museum of advertings & packaging, they play adverts from the 50-70's. Tis a lovely place but I've not been for years

For a food & drink trip down memory lane try here

A sample

"Fray Bentos

Steak pie'-in-a-tin. Had a wonderful catchline in the TV ad: "It's Beef! It's Beef!". These days you wouldn't feed it to your dog, but it was so Glam because it was Steak. Serve with Blue Nun and Smash."

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

There's nowt like a good thread hijack!

That'd do it matey, but the only problem I see is that you'd treat it like your Disco and it'd last 5 minutes.... *eek*

Might be worth a look at one though, and I can see your point!

But what about this...... here

It has a tent on the back already! *wink*

p.s. BB - Bart passed the MOT on Saturday..... 😬 *thumbup*

We will mend it We will fix it...

And it has the added advantage of wash down floors etc when the little one rejects its Breakfast

However will it fit in the Mother and Baby parking space at Tosscos? or are the doors high enuff to open over the top of the adjacent car, *eek*

The Liver is an evil organ and deserves to be punished *eek*

I don't care what all you non-believers think I want a Bongo.

Bongo's are us. I lived with a Discovery for 5 miserable years so a Bongo will be a walk in the park/hard shoulder 😬

its only a game.........

The Bongo is a Mazda minibus/van thing. You really don't want one, apart from the name, though it will be no threat to your licence. Best if you can find the Bongo Friendee variant I once saw in Japan. But then again, why not have a Toyota Corolla Super Windy?

I remember Cresta ads. And Quatro. Bleugh. *tongue*

There are some surprisingly pleasant Japanese soft drinks with horrid sounding names though - Calpis and Pocari Sweat.

But the foulest soft drink in the world is Thums Up, an Indian cola brand flavoured with Chili. *confused* Possibly even worse than Dr Pepper.