Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reversing light switch

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I broke my reversing light switch which had a single wire connection with a press stud fitting. The new one supplied by Caterham has two "bullet" connectors. I have 2 questions:

1. What connectors do you use to connect the wires to the bullets? I have tried a straight 15amp female connector but it sticks out through the hole in the transmission tunnel. I assume there is some sort of right angled connector available - is this available from Caterham? Is it a double connector or 2 separate ones?

2. My old switch obviously earthed through the body of the switch - can I simply connect the existing wire to one terminal and take a wire from the other to a suitable earth? I have read "this thread which seems to suggest that newer cars are wired differently with the switch being in the positve feed to the bulbs rather than the earth. Should I change the wiring to the new method?

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Shaun

you are right on the wiring just run an new lead to earth

The std fitting is a rubber cap with some 90 degree connectors in it, I ost mine during the rebuild and asked Caterham but they said they couldn't supply ☹️ I haven't done mine yet but have some lower profile bullets which I'm going to try, I'll let you know how I get on!

Mark