Click here if you are having website access problems ×

L7C SLALOMS - Booking Status as at 8 July

Harry Flatters

Here is the current booking status for the 2005 events.

23 Jul - Dunsfold - 3 places left

29 Oct - Dunsfold - FULL

For those of you not familiar with these fun days, you get the chance to explore the handling and performance of a Caterham 7 without having to own one *thumbup*. Test your car control around various slalom courses at venues such as Dunsfold Park, Silverstone and Brands Hatch. You will drive Caterhams own cars specially prepared for the day by Team Parker Racing 😬

See here for testimonials on these events.

There are 30 places allocated at a cost of just £120 each (including a sandwich lunch and hot and cold drinks throughout the day) for an entire day of Seven heaven - bargain. *thumbup*

Prizes will be awarded for the quickest times and there will also be a special award for the winning team.

If you would like to book a place on these fun days Steve Mell on 020 8642 0162 or via email.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Carbon Components from K9 Composites

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 3 Nov 2005 10:20:05

• 1 month later...

Fantastic fun today. Me & Bruv had a cracking time, in spite of the fact he finished higher than me!! 😳 Highly recommended though, and it's their tyres 😬

Oz.

Still Shaking.

6 speed 1600k Supersport

(keep forgetting to tell people what it is!)

I've just arrived home after an absolutely brilliant day at the Silverstone Slalom. Thanks to Steve Mell for organising it and congratulations to Mad Malc on winning. The only downside was that Junior beat me into third place and I dare say he'll have something to say about that here! *mad* A rematch is due methinks.

Edited by - Andrew Willoughby on 17 Apr 2005 21:02:05

great day - best birthday present ever and much recommended. Thanks Steve for sorting this it was great.

Low lights breaking my only pair of glasses before my first run

High lights - having my glasses fixed - hooning and more hooning - and seeing my friend take his girlfriend's Volvo T5 estate around the slalom track before trying to donut it. Then seeing her face as smoke billowed from the front tyres that she had just paid £135 for.

Watching soem great driving

As Arnie says I'll be back.

An absolutely brilliant day at the Silverstone Slalom. Thanks to Steve Mell for organising it and to the team from Caterham Motorsports who ran the day....

I would say that if you have not done one of these day and drive a seven, you need to go and do one.... Fantastic Value For Money in my veiw...

Top Day *thumbup*

Jamie Jones

*cool* Now the proud owner of a New Exige *cool* Now lets plan some miles per smiles 😬 😬

Just to add to snapper's post - well worth going if you haven't driven a seven as well. The instructors certainly gave me advice and support no matter how good or bad your driving was.

After seeing the footage from Sunday my wife now wants a go - better start saving the pennies.

Edited by - Boonie on 20 Apr 2005 13:56:00

@ Mr Whizz,

I have spoken to Caterham Motorsport and have agreed the following:

If you put together a group of 20 (minimum) people then I can run a members day at Silverstone (or Dunsfold for that matter) for £160 per person. There will be three cars available and with this arrangement CMC say that it should be then possible to get through SIX courses and 24 runs per person, a 50% increase on the normal day.

Let me know what you think.

Steve

Carbon Components from IK9 Composites

• 3 weeks later...

Colin,

Apologies for not replying o your earlier post. 18 is fine and as you say, obvioulsy a full licence.

As for a another day at perhaps at Silverstone with reduced numbers at increased cost, I'm afraid that what with trying to earn a living as well as perform all my AO duties, I just don't have time to organise this one at the moment.

Having said that, if you think you can put together 20 people at £160 each, I will handle the admin and liaise with Caterham Motorsport for you.

Let me know what you think, call me if you wish on 020 8642 0162.

Steve

Carbon Components from IK9 Composites

• 2 weeks later...

Harry,

have you got an marketing materials other than the 2 videos that get sent out with the invites? I was thinking of getting a crowd together from work that are keen petrol heads...

Any others have a good videos they recorded at one of these days?

Gavin

thanks Harry,

Since going to one these a few months back at silverstone I have about 10 friends interested in coming to one of these, but it doesn't look like you have any more spaces available. is there any chance we could organise another day in the next couple of months or so? could we tag along to one of the non lotus 7 club days but still at the lotus 7 club price?

email me offline if you want

cheers

Gavin

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

How many places left for the October event? I'll take three (possibly up to 6) of them if they're still available or alternatively what news on any other planned/possible events?

BRG and 180 Zetec horses - what could be nicer?

Edited by - kevind on 21 Jun 2005 23:34:23

• 3 months later...