Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sorry Ross ...

Assuming no animals or people get hurt I don't really see the problem with it. If it's really just a wining & dining club - well good for you! If some money gets given to charity - great. And if it really is all about devil worship...can I join? *eek* *eek* *eek* *tongue* 😬

Mrs GTD

Ross, I haven't read the thread as I can guess what it's all about by the title.

I had all this when I was in Rotary.

My answer was simple:

"We raised over £100,000 for local causes in the last 3 years how much have you raised"

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

GTD - neeeeeiiiiiiigh chance! *tongue*

Norman - it's not just about fund-raising, but I honestly can't be arsed explaining - the UTs don't deserve it *mad*

Pat - I chose to ignore the Catholic priest thread, as I have insufficient knowledge in this matter to make worthwhile comment, something others should consider before posting utter tripe *mad*

Oh dear - the anger management isn't doing too well 😳

Sssssscottish SsssuperSsssnot!

Ssssneakypeek! *arrowright* whooooaaaa! *wink*

[serious mode]

Take a deep breath and just ignore it. And sorry if I was flip. As a vegetarian I often get asked to justify what I believe, and as (na)PP said in the 'Priests' thread upstairs if you fail to provide someone with an justification they deem satisfactory they feel they've won the argument. You just can't win this one, but as long as you can look yourself in the eye in the mirror in the morning and you don't harm anyone in the process of being a Mason/vegetarian/Catholic Priest, then you've nothing to apologise for.

[/serious mode]

Mrs GTD

Angie, no apology required from you *smile* your comments were harmless *thumbup*

Sorry to go over old ground, but the view that it's a secret society for proddy bastards is far from the truth *mad*

One comment from Noger really fired me up (not a common occurrence, I can assure ya), but he has since apologised, which I accept *smile*

What next?

"Masons eat Catholic babies!" 🤔

That falls into "Freddie Starr ate my hamster!" - type crap...

Oh my word, I've really flipped on this haven't I? 😳

I'm going to say no more on this matter (sighs of relief all round the shed) other than yes, I was brought up as a Protestant, my father, and even more so, his mother, being very strong in their beliefs, and in my gran's case, anti-catholic. This is my background.

The feelings have diluted so much thru 2 generations that I have no strong feelings when it comes to religion (I consider myself to be lacking knowledge, highlighted by my daughter telling me things I don't know 😳)

My wife is a Catholic, and so is my best friend (who is also in my Lodge), but admittedly neither are regular church-goers.

My daughter attends a Catholic Primary School, which is purely coincidental, we chose this school because it has the best figures in the area. My son will go there too (God help them *tongue*). My children's education is far more important to me than religion.

😳

Sssssscottish SsssuperSsssnot!

Ssssneakypeek! *arrowright* whooooaaaa! *wink*

erm Ross - FP back in hand now - wasnt lost for words - was amazed I even remembered what the word meant.........and u remembered what u were gonna do with one 😬 😬 😬

Lynne(HM)

living dangerously (again)

PENNILESS WIFE (HUBBY GOT ALL THE MONEY TIED UP IN THE CAR) AKA HM