Click here if you are having website access problems ×

x-flow inlet for 45s

cdg

My X-flow powered Mallock hillclimb car used to run on Jenvey throttle bodies, but now runs with 45 weber DCOEs as Supersport classes do not allow fuel injection. The present manifold has been modified to suit the throttle bodies, but when carbs are fitted the inlet angle is far too steep (about 15degrees from the horizontal). There is another factor in that the engine is cantered over toward the driver at about 7 degrees.

Looking for a long inlet which has enough material to machine the carb flange faces so that carbs are horizontal. Can anyone help please?

Chris.

Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I'm interested. Need to know whether your manifold is the straight runner type, or the "kinked" 1300 type which is designed to give more clearance to the distributor cap.

Unfortunately I'm up in Derbyshire, so I'm afraid I won't be coming 'round for a coffee!

Cheers,

Chris.

Dave and Chris,

Many thanks for your responses. The crisis is over! What I thought was flooding and terrible running due to an incorrect carb angle was in fact caused by my fuel regulator giving up the ghost and not regulating! I checked it with a borrowed pressure tester this afternoon.

The carb angle is still a little steep, but according to "experts" is not steep enough to cause a problem. So I'm afraid the inlet manifold is no longer required. Sorry.

Terry Holmes in Chichester had a set of 48mm Jenvey bodies for sale a few weeks ago. Came off my Mallock which I purchased from him. His number is; 01243 782085

Chris.