Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Hellier baffle system

david nelson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Nelson,

It will only take an Hour to do job, make sure oil and engine are cool first.

you can only fit the baffle in one place as it is made to fit. As suggested look at the foam what a mess.

I have hit the engine hard since fitting the baffle and it runs very well.

My car was the test car and it was a simple but very effective fit the results were very possitive i.e. oil pressure gague wise we had a very sensitive one fitted to the car during testing.

Dave

Knowley,

I spoke to Jason at Hellier last week. He said that he intends to make some up over the next 10 days or so.

You know that there is a back order situation with a number of us waiting for delivery of these dont you. Sorry to say that the prospect of getting one "off the shelf" looks remote at the present time.

Grant

Black and stone chip and currently not going but getting better curtsey of Dr. Dave ☹️

here

my planned sump foam change was a right sod - the front bolt holding the baffle plate in place was a right pig to undo. Had to get some heat on it to shift it, this on a 5000 mile engine.....

Next time I'll drain it with the oil hot, then get the sump and baffle plate off while everything is still warm.

Martin

2004 ex-Academy car going on Roadsports B...

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

Martin,

You'll meet Jason on Friday.

Next time you want to do it take it to his workshop and put it on the 4 poster and drain into his waste oil barrel.... makes life so much easier *thumbup* *thumbup*.

The whole process can then be executed in 10 minutes (not counting any time you wish to add to allow the sump to drip the last drop out).

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Incidently, for those who are going to be putting in the sump baffle are you going to keep the ali plate that currently holds the foam in place?

I'll be adding my name to the list for the second batch *thumbup* *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 14 Mar 2005 19:35:05

Oil drained, filter off, sump off, oil pick up pipe off.

So far so good just a small word of warning when you remove the pick up pipe you will get about 1/2L of oil pouring out (almost went over the floor.

Thanks to Myles as his site is good to check whats what.

here

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 14 Mar 2005 21:58:52

Does anyone have any decent sized photos of the baffle, it looks like its bolted together in the pictures on the Hellier website. Do you run the engine without the foam baffle when using this.

Has anyone got the ability to log engine oil pressure vs revs with one of these fitted ?

Roy.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

Do you run the engine without the foam baffle when using this

Hellier say they can't actually figure out what the foam is for... you can leave it in, take it out, cut to the shape of the baffle - what ever you fancy, I think most are removing the foam completely.

7 only day @ Mallory - 06/08/05

R300 Register

My R300 *wink*

Edited by - knowley on 15 Mar 2005 14:29:37