Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Red/White Beachy Head

Ollie

Or was it red and silver?

What a fantastic road that is from East dean past Berling gap and beachy head to the top of Eastbourne, onto the main road to go back round and do it again. Anti clockwise is best, went round twice at about 08.30 fantastic *cool*

I saw you on my way home from Breakfast at sovereign harbour or whatever it is called. I couldn't resist one more lap on the way home.

Know it well. A blat I've done several times takes me down the A22 bypass from Hailsham and I turn right before hitting the main town centre towards Wannock, down a tight but twisty country lane through Filching and Jevington to the main coast road at East Dean. Then turn left and next right into Gilberts Drive.

The cliffs are so steep you've no idea you're so close to the coast as the hills keep rising in front of you all the way to the Birling Gap before the incredible view unfolds.

After you've had enough of the natural vista there are those incredibly tight hairpins leading towards the seafront. Get there early enough and you can do about 35mph around those 😬

This time last year I was driving RW04FUN